- Virtual Herbarium of Plants and Fungi/speciesLink network (july 9, 2020)
- Brazilian Flora 2020 (IPT of July 03, 2020, v. 396.96, excluding cultivated and naturalized species)
- Official National List of Endangered Species of Flora – Act no. 443 of December 17, 2014 (Source: CNCFlora IPT and webservice)
- Biogeography of Flora and Fungi of Brazil (dynamic access)
- Taxonomic Filters: determine the taxonomic group, family, genus, or species to be analyzed, allowing the selection of species according to its origin, the inclusion of synonyms, and phonetic searches.
- Geographic filters allow the evaluation of the status of the data considering geographic coordinates.
- Endangered species included in Brazil's official endangered species list of flora are presented with pre-selected search filters.
Structure of the Report
By the selected taxonomic group, family or genus
- The number of species separated into four groups: (i) those without records in the
Virtual herbarium; (II) with 1-5 records; (III) with 6-20 records; and,
(IV) with more than 20 records. This classification aims at showing the potential
for modeling the species distribution (exploratory, preliminary of consistent models)
- The number of species reported as occurring in a given state (Brazilian Flora 2020), but which have no record in the speciesLink network.
- Hierarchical classification according to the Brazilian Flora 2020
- Conservation Status (Annex I or II MMA and Biodiversitas)
- Table comparing the geographic distribution by state of the Brazilian Flora 2020 with the speciesLink network
- Maps of species distribution: Brazilian Flora 2020, speciesLink network, and potential distribution model
- Status and origin of data online: biological collection, year of collection, name status and geographic information
- Guide the work of new collections, priority species and geographic areas
- Assist in prioritizing digitization and georeferencing
- Assist in the identification of understudied groups, indicating the need for training of taxonomists
- Assist in the evaluation of the conservation status of species
SISBIOTA/CNPq, INCT - Virtual Herbarium of Flora and Fungi
How to cite
Gaps in Knowledge of Flora and Fungi of Brazil. INCT - Virtual Herbarium of Flora and Fungi.
Available at: http://lacunas.inct.florabrasil.net/202008 (consulted on day / month / year).
Canhos DAL, Sousa MS-Baena, S. Souza, LC Garcia, R. De Giovanni, Maia LC, & Bonacelli MBM 2014.
Lacunas: a web interface to identify plant knowledge gaps to support informed decision-making.
Biodiversity and Conservation, 23 (1), 109-131.